Friday, May 4, 2012

Start of May in the Garden

It is now May and the heat is coming  here.  But the garden is doing amazing.  In my time doing this I have learned that you must water it BY HAND TWICE a day.  I soak the ground so that there is standing water when I am done.  It gradually sinks down but this way I know that it is getting deep enough.  As you will see the garden is doing great!  In fact the watermelons have finally decided to make an appearance!
Corn is flowering
Much taller than knee high and it is only StarWars Day ;)

Attempting to try some vertical gardening

Watermelon

Baby winter squash!

Cucumber vertical attempt (just using what I have)  Loving that I can experiment in the garden!

Baby Wonder Pepper

Another experiment, letting my radishes go to flower then going to gather the seeds (or hope to)

Pear Tomatoes

Tomatoes

Grape Tomatoes

Getting to be big tomatoes

Our grapes Bird Welcome to Eat your fill

What to do with that dead tree, have it as a Grape Pole!

Tons of Apricots!!!!  Again Bird Restaurant is Open

Starting to get more tomatoes

My Little Helper!

 My husband has also started a new addition to the yard~  It is a MONSTER!  He is custom building a tree fort (or the best we can do with our young trees) and swing set for the boys.  Here it is (work in progress)


Lying on the floor looking up
This should be up higher but not cooperating~  LOOK I hope this becomes a pumpkin!



No comments: