Thursday, March 15, 2012

Almost 3 years "off"

So I just realized that I have not been truly gardening for a long time. I think that it is for two main reasons.

1. I was pregnant two summers ago and last summer I had a baby.

2. I really despise desert soil!

Well, we have jumped back into the gardening side of things. We (Zane, Myself and my Husband) have gotten the soil loosened and spread our beautiful compost in with it. We have planted tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, peppermint, cucumbers, acorn squash, eggplant, cantaloupe and yellow squash from transplants. Then from seeds, corn, beans, pumpkin, white pumpkin, grey squash, and watermelon. David, my husband, is going to put lattice up on the cement block wall to help "cool" the wall from the intense sun to help with more success on the growth of the plants.

Our plan is to plant a vine of some kind come October to protect the plants from the sun and allow for better growth. But if we were to plant now the vines would die.

Here is to happy spring/early summer yummy vegetables and to a 17 month old staying out of the garden!

A Tour of The Garden


Pepper Plants

Tomato Plants
Cilantro, Peppermint, Cucumber
Acorn and Yellow Squash

Eggplant
Cantaloupe
Our new containers!
The one container which was filled. This is the tomato plant, with green and red pepper and strawberries!

No comments: